Hair loss, named as alopecia in medical science, is a condition that affects not only the scalp but the entire body. The condition is marked by excessive hair fall from the scalp in round patches and other body parts .
Normally, an adult loses 80-100 strands of hair per day out of 10 lakh or 15 lakh strands on their head. This is a normal condition and hair fall is a natural phenomenon. In situations when the hair fall exceeds the normal, medical attention is needed.
Around 5% of people experience alopecia while in others the hair grows back after falling out. Several underlying conditions contribute to hair loss including diseases, genetic and medication side effects.
Home Remedies For Hair Loss Caused By Seborrheic DermatitisCauses Of Hair Loss
Hair loss happens every day. Around 100 strands of hair fall on each day of an adult but that goes unnoticed as many of them grow back. Until the growing and shedding of hair are balanced, it is normal but when this phenomenon gets disrupted due to certain conditions, hair loss occurs. The factors causing hair loss are as follows:
Several reasons disrupt the growth of hair. Therefore, hair loss is of different types.
1. Alopecia totalis: Hair loss due to an autoimmune disorder.
2. Involutional alopecia: Hair loss due to ageing.
3. Alopecia areata: Hair loss that occurs in patches at any part of the body.
4. Traction alopecia: Hair loss in women due to stress or tight ponytail.
5. Telogen effluvium: Hair loss due to stress brought by illness or emotional issues.
6. Anagen effluvium: Hair loss throughout the body due to chemotherapy.
7. Alopecia barbae: Facial or beard hair loss in men.
8. Trichotillomania: Hair loss in children due to pulling out of hair by them.Symptoms Of Hair Loss
Hair loss is both temporary and permanent. It appears in different ways depending upon the cause of the condition. However, symptoms of hair loss are as follows:
Firstly, a medical expert will check the family history of a patient to rule out the genetic cause of hair loss. Then, they diagnose it by certain tests which are as follows:
Dry Eyes: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment And PreventionTreatment Of Hair Loss
Depending on the gender and types of hair loss, doctors suggest for the specific treatment of hair loss. Normally it goes by over-the-counter medications and topical creams. Other treatments are as follows:
Hair loss can be prevented easily by certain precautionary measures. The steps are as follows: